Our vision is to be a supportive and nurturing school community where children are motivated to achieve and are inspired to continue learning in the future.
Barford Primary School nurtures its pupils by:
- Listening to them and modelling a culture of respect and empathy.
- Providing a secure environment at school from which pupils can explore, challenge themselves and take risks.
- Engaging with families and fostering strong relationships with parents and carers.
- Caring for all pupils as individuals through the excellent practice and dedication of skilled, compassionate staff.
- Promoting and maintaining high standards of behaviour across the school.
Barford Primary School motivates its pupils by:
- Providing support for all, which encourages, reassures and sets no limits.
- Celebrating achievement and effort through rewards and positive praise.
- Having high expectations for academic achievement across all subjects.
- Modelling core values and teaching life skills which form the foundations for success.
Barford Primary School inspires its pupils by:
- Providing a rich and challenging learning experience.
- Offering opportunities to shine throughout the curriculum.
- Following a question-led, enquiry-based curriculum which is shaped by pupils’ knowledge.
- Promoting challenge and risk-taking embedded within a growth mindset approach to learning.
- Celebrating individuality, championing difference and encouraging opinion.
Barford Primary is proud to be a values based school, with values at its heart.
Our values are Trust, Empathy, Love, Respect and Resilience.